Monday, November 14, 2005
Australian Literature Reading Meme
Inspired (if that is the word I want) by the ubiquitous reading meme that did the rounds a while back, here's an antipodean variation on the meme theme:
1) Which Australian poem are you most confident you could recite from memory?
2) Which of the Seven Little Australians are you?
3) Which is your favourite Patrick White novel?
4) Which is the best Patrick White novel?
5) Which Australian fictional/dramatic/poetic character do you fancy most?
6) And which do you identify with most?
7) If you had to read five Australian poems to a heterogeneous unknown audience, which five would you choose?
8) Which five Australian books would you take to a desert island?
9) If you were a guest at Don’s Party, would you be
(a) naked in the pool
(b) upstairs having sex
(c) outside having sex
(d) sulking with a headache
(e) huddled round the TV
(g) more than one of the above (please specify)
(h) other (please specify)
10) Tim Winton or Christos Tsiolkas?
11) Banjo Paterson or Henry Lawson?
12) Henry Lawson or Barbara Baynton?
13) Was Helen Demidenko guilty, and if so of what?
14) What’s the worst thing you’ve ever seen at a writers’ festival?